Abandoned and alone
Enslaved and bound in darkness
Without a hope or home
The God of grace and mercy
From his eternal throne
Ordained to be my Father
And claim me as His own
That I might be adopted
The Father sent his Son
To live in full obedience
And die for what I’ve done
Now through his resurrection
Through faith, with him I’m one
A member of his household
I am an heir, a son
To soothe my fear and worry
The Spirit from on high
Was sent to be a witness
That “Father!” I might cry
O How I love this Father!
I’m never left alone
He’s come to dwell within me
Until he calls me home
Since we have this adoption
We cannot close our homes
To widows and to orphans
Abandoned and alone
Lord, fill us with compassion
To love the fatherless
That we might show the nations
How great our Father is
Eric Schumacher and David L. Ward © 2009 ReformedPraise.org
No comments:
Post a Comment