Monday, August 12, 2013

Great God of Glory

God made me for Himself, I'm not my own
Bought with a price to make His glories known
To grow in grace, to love in word and deed
To live for Christ and His commandments heed
Great God of glory, take this heart of stone
And make it flesh, to beat for You alone

God's lavish grace is mine through Christ the Son
Whose life and death, my full salvation won
Yet my desires seem fueled by earth and time
And heaven's joys are distant from my mind
Great God of glory, take this heart of stone
And make it flesh, to beat for You alone

I find my heart is quickly drawn away
To things that fade, dear Lord, I humbly pray
Help me let go, to say, "Your will be done"
And long to see Your kingdom truly come
Great God of glory, take this heart of stone
And make it flesh, to beat for You alone

O, Holy Spirit with Your fire divine
Melt into tears this hardened heart of mine
Teach me to love what once I seemed to hate
And live for You before it be too late
Great God of glory, take this heart of stone
And make it flesh, to beat for You alone

Lord, take my life and make it wholly Thine
Fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine
Take all my will, my passion, self and pride
I now surrender, Lord, in me abide
Great God of glory, take this heart of stone
And make it flesh, to beat for You alone

Lead sheet

Verses 1-4 adapted from God Made Me For Himself by H. W. Baker

Verse 5 taken from Cleanse Me by J. Edwin Orr
Sung to the tune FINLANDIA



No comments:

Post a Comment