Sunday, October 20, 2013

Why Sinks My Weak Downheartened Mind?

Why sinks my weak downheartened mind?
Why heaves my heart the anxious sigh?
Can sovereign goodness be unkind?
Am I not safe when God is nigh?
He holds all nature in his hand:
That gracious hand on which I live,
Does life, and time, and death command,
And has immortal joys to give,
And has immortal joys to give.

'Tis he supports my fainting frame,
On him alone my hopes recline;
The wondrous glories of his name,
How wide they spread, how bright they shine!
Infinite wisdom! Boundless power!
Unchanging love and faithfulness!
Help me to trust and to adore,
And in Your refuge fully rest,
And in Your refuge fully rest.

My God, if thou art mine indeed,
Then I have all my heart can crave;
A present help in times of need,
Inclined to hear and strong to save.
Forgive my doubts, O gracious Lord,
And take away my anxiousness;
Speak to my heart the healing word,
That Thou art mine and I am blest,
That Thou are mine and I am blest.

Words by Anne Steel (Public Domain)
Sing to the tune of Before the Throne of God Above

Lead Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment